Bullying by coworkers or subordinates
Coworkers and subordinates can likewise engage in bullying in a variety of ways. Here are some of the most important types of conduct.
● Undermining a manager’s authority
Marsha tells all her coworkers not to do any work all day.
● Spreading gossip about a manager or a coworker
Linda tells everyone in the department about the arrest of Henry’s son in a barroom fight.
● Withholding information that a manager or coworker needs to perform his job
Matt refuses to give Francesca the accounting figures she needs to do the monthly reports.
● Shunning or isolating others
Angela asks everyone to have lunch but repeatedly and pointedly excludes Larry.
● Conferring cruel or humorous nicknames
Lydia refers to Arthur by his childhood nickname Noodle, which she learned about on a social media website.
● Commenting about a coworker’s personal life
Ben tells everyone in…
View original post 735 more words